By the First Egg, You Astound Me!
We got 601 Dragon War names!
The Council of the Twelve Dragon Masters applauds you! I recently published a request for names for some minor characters in my latest novel, Dragon War (Riders of Fire book 5, on Amazon here). By the flaming First Egg, I was gobsmacked when I received 601 suggestions!
Wow, my readers are awesome. Last time I asked for a few names for Dragon Strike, I received over 200 amazing contributions. I could write novels for the rest of my life using those names and not run out of great characters!
HOWEVER, as much as I loved many of the names I didn’t use in Dragon Strike, I decided not to peek at them again when I was writing Dragon War.
- Because I love the enthusiasm my readers have.
- I love your input and value your emails and messages.
- I enjoy the fun we have in our Dragon Den Facebook group. Feel free to join us, here.
- I want to give you a chance to influence my work.
- And I love thanking you whenever I can. What better way than having your name in the bright lights of the acknowledgements of my latest book?
Here are the winning names!
Feel free to share this post and flaunt it on social media! Your name will be flying on pennants in the Dragons’ Realm caverns of fame! (Hmm, there’s an idea…)
- Caldeff: an elderly sick dragon rider – named by Mike the Mailman
- Kion: a small boy at Dragons’ Hold – Rachel Dyne
- Darynn and Rynnlak: a dragon troop leader and his brown dragon – Gayreth Walden
- Eryk and Beryk: a young dragon rider and his brown dragon – Angie Watson
- Amara: a blue dragon – Kate
- Trya: a young girl who’ll grow up to be a dragon rider (in another series) – Cheryl Bailey
- Captain Bloodeye: a fierce pirate – Charles Brown
- The Scarlett Hand: the bloodthirsty leader of the Bloody Cutlasses – Alisha Klapheke
- Serana: a modern dragon rider- Annabelle
As much as I’m dying to tell you more about the identities of many of these characters… NO SPOILERS! Some of them might be related to your favorite characters! You’ll have to read the next nail-biting installment to find out!
Thank you so much for your enthusiasm. It is only paralleled by Erob’s humor!
Who’s Erob? Why a dragon, of course! To find out which one, try Riders of Fire!